Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  The Library  ~  Snape/Dumbledore = Polyjuice?

Snape/Dumbledore = Polyjuice?

Yes  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

No  
100%
  [ 20 ]  100%

Total Votes : 20
cassiopeia77
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:50 am Reply with quote
A theory posted in another forum, apologies if this ground has already been covered..............

"I think that polyjuice potion was involved. I truly do. I believe that Snape and Dumbledore drank the polyjuice and switched places.
There are a number of hints to that. I don't know exact pages, but when "Dumbledore" and Harry are going to find the crux, it says something about "Dumbledore" diving into the ocean with the ease of a young man. Also, when Hagrid is carrying "dumbledore's" body at his funeral, it says something about "what Harry knows to be Dumbledore's body." It is wrapped up, you never see it.
Of course there are theories against, this, like the painting on the wall or Fawkes singing, but I think they switched places. I really do.
There are tons of other examples coming to mind... when Harry meets "Dumbledore" before their adventure and Harry goes off about Snape, it almost seems as though "Dumbledore" is about to apologize for what he (Snape) did to Harry's Mom and Dad.
Dunno, I'm being wordy tonight, sorry."
Lady Whitehart
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The effects of the Polyjuice Potion last only about an hour. We know this from CoS when the Trio uses it to sneak into the Slytherin common room, and in GoF when 'Moody' constantly takes a nip from his hip-flask.

In HBP, we never see Dumbledore drink anything other than the mysterious potion that was guarding the Horcrux. The time that had elasped between when they left and when Harry views Dumbledore's body at the base of the Astronomy Tower was more than an hour. The potion would have worn off by then, or its effect could have ended when Dumbledore died.

As much as I would really want to keep Dumbledore among the living, I just don't think it's possible or even likely. I do, however, hold fast to the notion that Dumbledore's death and interment at the school will be of more significance, giving the school an added measure of security. Let's face it, McGonagall may be a worthy successor, but she really doesn't have the power that the previous headmaster had.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 27 Dec 2004 Posts: 164
I think this theory is struggling just a wee bit.