Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  SS/HG title "Puzzle Box"--mystery, Hermione amnesi

Purificatus
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
This fic appears to have vanished into the mists of time but it was on Ashwinder...Maybe with the move/move-back it got shaken loose somewhere in teh intarwebs... Laughing
It's called Puzzle Box, and it's in the mystery-genre.
Someone's been tampering with Hermione's memory and now she knows she's forgotten something important about the Death Eaters/the "Black Hats," but she can't remember just what it is. There is a scene where she's running through the Hogwarts Express and getting overlapping "double-visions" of memories that may or may not be real interspersed with what is actually happening.
It's pre-HG/SS, as in they were not involved romantically at the time.
In fact, I think she consults with Dumbledore about the meaning of the missing memories because they are important to Severus' status as a double agent.
As such, it's obviously pre-HBP. It's (as far as I know) incomplete, which is unfortunate, but I want to see if there's anything I missed last time I read through it, because the premise was fascinating.
Purificatus
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Oooookay, it's on Schnoogle, but teh link is teh ded. Any help finding a *WORKING* copy of the story is most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
MaddyRiddle
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Purificatus wrote:
Oooookay, it's on Schnoogle, but teh link is teh ded. Any help finding a *WORKING* copy of the story is most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have the name of the author?

f57038
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quote
The author's name seems to be "Alice I.W." but I, too, have failed to find a working version of the story. It seems to have been removed from FanFiction.net, and the author's LiveJournal link from that site doesn't work anymore either. Sad
celisnebula
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Ah... I can tell you whats up. Alice I.W. has removed all of her stories from the web, and as far as I know, has no plans to resubmit them. You're only hope is the wayback machine or someone who might have saved it to their desktop to read.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger