Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Seekers  ~  Requesting Beta for first SH post; SS-HG, Marriage Law fic

rosebladeaurelius
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for a beta for a one-shot, darker marriage law fic. Details are below. At some point in the future, I would be interested in finding a beta for a much, much longer AU SS/HG fic, as well as some others of varying lengths. Beta for grammatical/linguistic conventions not required. Eye for detail re: what happened 15 or more pages ago that I forgot about will be suitably adored & sent virtual chocolate and champagne.

Name: rosebladeaurelius
Email: please PM for email addy if you're willing to beta
Story title: (__) Working title: A Darker Marriage Fic
Summary: In the aftermath of the Final Battle, when all should be well, Hermione plans to return to Hogwarts for her seventh year; however, Hermione receives the notice from the Ministry of Magic that she must marry within the next thirty days. After all she has experienced, she does not accept their word as law.
Rating: I tend to say NC-17; some may say hard R
Category/Genres: Revenge Fic, AU (mostly canon compliant in that it ignores specifics and goes for generalities), EWE?
Ship: SS/HG
Warnings: first time, marriage law ‘verse, sex is not nice (not rape or BDSM, either, though); one shot, no sequel--ever; Dark Fic
Special Requests: A quick read for continuity requested by a generally strong writer, i.e. I’m strong with plot and organization, grammar is as I intend it to be, and I’m fully cognizant of the rules of the language, though I choose to ignore them as needed. As for the work itself, details are sketchy on purpose; no direct thoughts are included, just impressions; there is little dialogue for same reason; and these things will be explained upon request. Fic is meant to be jagged/raw/unpolished, not neatly faceted and tied up with a pretty bow at the end. The greatest need for this fic is to make sure formatting is correct before I submit to Ashwinder. A tutorial on what submissions to Ashwinder (and other boards) need to look like/include would not be amiss as I don’t seem to be computer literate enough to pick up and apply formatting from the list on “submission rules”. Prior fanfic experience exists; current fics on FF.net, rated M, and not under this user name. If you would like details to sample said fics prior to beta, please let me know through a PM on this forum.

Many thanks, please PM replies or post to this topic. I'll check once more this work week, and then not until Friday night at the earliest.
RA