Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  HG/SS, possibly a Marriage Law story but with a unique twist

MlleGigi
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quote
Don't know if anyone will know which story I'm talking about, but here goes...

I'm trying to find a particular HG/SS story which I believe could have been a response to the Marriage Law Challenge but which departed somewhat from the usual formula. I can't remember for certain whether it was completed or not -- and as would be expected, it only followed canon through OotP (if that far). Unfortunately, I can't recall for certain whether Voldemort has already been defeated or not when the story begins. Instead of being pressured or manipulated into marrying Hermione against his will, Severus proposes to her on his own initiative because he's already interested in her and is impressed by her intelligence. He asks Hermione to meet him in private one afternoon at which point he reveals his interest in her. Hermione finds his attentions flattering and his proposal persuasive, so she agrees to a courtship.

Although I'm fairly certain this was a response to the Marriage Law Challenge, the law has not yet been passed at the beginning of the story. Severus expects the law to be passed but does not tell Hermione about it. However, one reason why he proposes to her is because he anticipates that her talent and her friendship with Harry will make her highly sought after and he wants her for himself.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
MlleGigi
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
On the off chance that anyone else happens to be curious about this story but can't remember where they saw it, I think I may have found it. I'm fairly certain that the story I had in mind is "Does That Mean Love To You" by Corazon, posted on the WIKTT Archives (http://wiktt.serpentsstratagem.com) -- and it was indeed a response to the Marriage Law. It doesn't appear to be posted anywhere else that I know of.