Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Ask Madam Pince  ~  General: HG/SS - strong and dark Hermione

LadyL
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I would like read something different than I usually do. I am looking for general HG/SS fics in which Hermione is darker and out of character. She could be undercover death eater/ auror/ trained for some special case or something else. There may be some Joss Whedon influence (quick dialogue, strong females such as Buffy or Zoe, fighting etc.).

Idamae's The Fortress Within and GrrArrg's Strong Enough are excellent examples. I loved both.

I would appreciate a lot, if you could suggest something. Smile And please, only completed fics. Thanks!
f57038
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...

The only other story that I can think of at the moment is "The Grim Mistress." Here's the address:

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=8291

I know there are others. I'll keep thinking! Smile
LadyL
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! The story was that kind of "different" I was looking for. Smile Of course, other suggestions are also very very welcome, if you have any.
Ophelia82
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
Have you read Melisande's "Night School" and "Day Job"? They feature a more empowered Hermione who is trained by Sev as a spy then goes to work with Lucius Malfoy. They are both SS/HG though DJ has LM/HG as well. Hermione admittedly starts close to character but is forced to toughen up during her training.

http://www.digital-quill.org/viewuser.php?uid=8&PHPSESSID=2d72344238c0667a98081bb46452fce6