Sycophant Hex Forum Index

<  Deathy Hallows Open Discussion  ~  Because some have expressed concern...

JackieJLH
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
I've heard a good mix of worries and rumors here and there over the last few days, and wanted to address a few things. Smile

1. Ashwinder is not closing. Not even close.

2. Occlumency isn't going anywhere either.

3. Neither is Wolfsbane.

4. No, we're not going to reject new stories that aren't DH-compliant. We've never enforced up-to-date canon compliancy, actually, we only ask that you state at the beginning, in the summary or author's notes, that the story is only canon compliant up to... whatever point you're being compliant through. In fact, there are a couple authors who still, to this day, post new GoF-compliant fic. We love those stories. Trust me. Write all the AU and non-canon-compliant fic you want. Seriously. Very Happy

I hope that this has put some minds at ease. Smile If there are any further concerns about the future of SH, please please please feel free to post them here. It's much easier to address general concerns here than it is to do so on private journals and blogs where very few other people with the same concerns will ever see what our answer. Wink

And, on that note, I'm going back to my DH re-read.

I once had a real life. Then I discovered Harry Potter. Then I discovered Harry Potter on the internet... *shrug* Real life is overrated anyway.
just me
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
JackieJLH wrote:

1. Ashwinder is not closing. Not even close.

2. Occlumency isn't going anywhere either.

3. Neither is Wolfsbane.

That`s great news, thank you very much. It would be horrible without Ashwinder or the other archives.

All the best,
robe
carecrystal
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 29 Nov 2004 Posts: 87 Location: Michigan
OMG, Jackie, I know I have been MIA because of Prophecy for the past couple of weeks, but were there really rumors that Ash, Occ, etc were going away?

Wow. As you well know, there's no way - it ain't gonna happen!

For everyone else: If anything, I sincerely believe that fanfic is needed more now than ever before. I know I need it, and I suspect that many, many of you do too. I was listening to the "Colbert Report" the other night, and despite all of the comedy and satire, there was a nugget of solid info. Colbert mentioned how in mainland China there are already all kinds of "additional" Harry Potter volumes for sale -- in other words, the "fanfic" over there is actually being sold for a profit, because the hunger for more of this incredible world is so real and incredibly dynamic.

Nope, to anyone who cares, we will be here for a LONG time to come! Nothing is going away - and as always, SH will remain free and available to everyone over the age of 18. In fact, we hope to soon add a new archive dedicated (spoiler alert) to all things Snape & Lily.

Thanks for posting this, Jackie - and thank you to everyone else for supporting Sycophant Hex. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you well into the forseeable future --- all things willing, for years to come!

CareCrystal
LadyWhitehart
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear that SH isn't going anywhere! Looking forward to the creation of the Lily/Severus archive.